Do you have more to-dos lined up than actual hours in a day? Don’t be stuck in a rut, as we’ve discovered over at Fast Company, there are easy rituals you can do in a day so that you can reach your full potential! These are totally do-able and actually makes a lot of sense when you really think about it! Try to add each of these tips to your daily rituals and tell us if it worked for you.
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
Image source: [cipher]
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritize your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
Image source: Oliver Tacke
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between.
Image source: Stephen Mitchell
4. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness – try starting your own gratitude journal. Every morning, write out at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on 10 things you’re grateful for.
Image source: Art4TheGlryOfGod by Sharon
5. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. You can ask yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?” So… what went well today? How can you do more of it?
Check out the complete list of rituals to do to reach your potential over at FastCompany.
Featured image source: Matt Gibson